Tuesday, April 15, 2008

When Parents are that and more

Its a funny thought. But it keeps striking me more often now and more clearer than what i thought it was. The thought about how relationships over a period of time, camouflage into multiple shades that means different things at different phases in life, especially parents. This is one relationship that you grow up with and means a lot to most of us.
I still cant believe that i realised this fact so late and take every opportunity that i get now to enjoy this process.
I still share a very different relationship with each one of them, the one that i have been having since childhood. But slowly and very subtly an insignificant change grew with it. The mom things and dad things still remain, the lectures , the gossips, the difference of opinions and the fights of course.
I can laugh at them now for silly things, I make fun like never before and get back love enough and more, they have grown with me.. to understand my silly and weird ways.
My suggestions still go unheard though, it never made sense to them. But that doesn't seem to change anything and makes me feel like me in the end.
The gap still remains, much much narrower now... but what feels changed is that both of us have shifted to new levels, and keep growing to never really understand that we do. One day i think the gap will fade... and slowly close.
I sometimes feel its a myth that the generation gap widens with age and thoughts, i can see it fading and we growing to fill the gaps.
But i realized one thing can just never be changed and i am glad that it doesn't. However time passes, whatever you do in life and come back... you still get snubbed for being a kid! :)

5 comments:

Goli said...

"I sometimes feel its a myth that the generation gap widens with age and thoughts, i can see it fading and we growing to fill the gaps."

Very true, I remember last year when my parents shifted to bangalore they would simply not understand why would I want to blog, and spend so much time on something that seemed so useless to them. But today my father has become one very active hindi bloggers, I am also amazed at the stories and poems that he just writes in Hindi. I never knew that side of my father.

Anonymous said...

Its So true...
The extraction of the feelings & the moods that run around is beautiful.
i simply love the way u write.

Keep goin, njoin

Sin

Priya said...

Thank you Sin! :)

Unknown said...

That's absoluuutely amazing! I couldn't agree with you more. I've been noticing and going through similar and you literally took the words right out of my mouth! :)
See you soon!! :)

Priya said...

Preeti!
thanks for sharing.
yup! ill cu :))